Quick Updates On Libya
Reports continue to fly in to quickly to post in a reasonable fashion, so here are some quick updates of what has been going on in Libya:
- Gadhafi rambled for over two hours blaming the protests on (in no particular order) Al-Qadea, the US, Israel, and hallucinogenic drugs.
- While Gadhafi spoke, Al-Jazeera correspondent Tony Birtley witnessed a Libyan jet bomb protesters in the town of Brega, where a battle currently rages between Gadhafi loyalists/mercenaries and pro-democracy fighters.
- Libya was suspended from the Arab League essentially making this Gadhafi vs. the World.
- The Arab League and African Union are also discussing the possibility of a no-fly zone over Libya.
- The International Criminal Court (ICC) has launched a probe into the killing of civilians by the Gadhafi regime.
- Two US warships have passed through the Suez Canal and are heading in the direction of Libya. The USS Ponce and the USS Kearsarge are carrying around 400 Marines, but that is a fraction of their capacity.
How many will you kill before you see the writing on the wall? The Libyan people will have their freedom.